Key stats and intelligence from our topical surveys
What’s influencing consumer habits? What do parents want from brands and retailers? Find out below.
We surveyed over 4,000 mums in the Your Baby Club network to find out more about the impact of the pandemic on attitudes towards early child development, the role of ‘play’ and educational toys.
- 70% of expectant mums hope to spend 3+ hours playing with their child each day, and 66% of mums with young children manage this daily
- 30% of mums said they are ‘really nervous’ about interaction, with 2/3 expressing a change in their attitudes towards play dates
- Both expectant mums and those with young children consider educational and developmental potential the most important feature of a toy
We surveyed over 2,000 mums in the Your Baby Club network to discover more about their travel plans, this year and beyond.
The data tells the story of how the pandemic has shifted perspectives on family holidays, from location, right through to accommodation and transport.
- ¾ of mums surveyed aren’t considering booking a holiday abroad
- Over 50% are considering a UK holiday instead
- Self-catering is viewed as the most appealing type of holiday package
- More than 2/3 of mums are expecting to take the same amount of holidays as they did before the pandemic
Mums & Moms
With lockdown restrictions being eased at different rates around the globe, brands and their marketing teams are having to adjust rapidly to evolving consumer behaviours and shifting priorities.
Our Mums & Moms survey was designed to compare the lives and purchasing habits of mums in the UK and United States since the pandemic started.
- U.S. mums are 71% more likely to purchase products from second hand online marketplaces
- UK mums consider recommendations the most important influencer, while U.S. mums rate online reviews highest
- Toys ranked as more important than TV/entertainment by U.S. mums
Our COVID-19 survey paints a picture of exactly how the pandemic has been shaping consumer habits and the evolving day-to-day lives of mums in the UK.
- Clothes/baby clothes and home improvement seen as highest priority items after food shopping
- 95% of mums consider recommendations and online reviews the biggest influences on purchasing
- 35% of mums also admit to bulk buying food during the pandemic
Sign up and get our insights report free
Share your details below and you can download our Mums & Moms insights report for free.
Plus, we’ll add you straight to our B2B mailing list, so you receive all future insights first.